Nature Village Sustainable Family Living, Phase I
Project Leads: Lludmila Moran, Tavie Tipton
Sponsor: The University Village Office
TGIF Grant: $16,861
Project Theme: Education & Behavior Change
Nature Village is a multidisciplinary group of University Village resident volunteers and campus sustainability students, staff and organizations working towards the goal of building a sustainable community at the University Village at UC Berkeley. Nature Village grows, supports, and inspires sustainable living by:
- Promoting sustainable living through education and outreach.
- Increasing awareness of protecting the environment, saving the energy, improving waste management, and reducing carbon footprint.
- ProvidingBerkeley Environmental Alumni Network (BEAN) Speed Networking Event, February 26, 6pm-8pm guidance and resources on sustainable living best practices.
- Creating unique green living environment that is suitable to our multicultural community.
- Collaborating with campus groups and departments to implement new operations, programs, and initiatives that realize sustainability metrics.
Project Description: This grant will fund supplies and student internships to create waste, energy & water, and education & outreach programs at University Village, to promote sustainability and resource conservation among the residents.