Student Environment Internship Program
Sponsor: Student Environmental Resource Center (SERC)
TGIF Grant: $44,117
Project Theme: Education and Behavior Change
Project Description: SEIP will annually create an intentional learning community for 10 students and 10 staff mentors. The program aims to provide leadership training, professional development, and critical thinking skills to UC Berkeley’s student environmentalists. It also aims to cultivate further student-staff partnerships in the campus sustainability community. Students will complete paid work hours on campus sustainability projects and unpaid educational hours on course curriculum.
- Create an annual intentional sustainability and leadership learning community for 10 students and 10 staff mentors, and an alumni network of past program participants.
- Provide leadership and professional development training to UC Berkeley’s student environmentalists.
- Develop learning outcomes and year-long curriculum.
- Offer required educational trainings and events that explore the 3 E’s (Equity, Economy, Ecology) and help participants to develop “eco-consciousness” and values of environmental stewardship.
- Cultivate further student-staff partnerships in the campus sustainability community.
- Support students and staff mentors in the completion of 10 annual campus sustainability projects and record quantitative and qualitative metrics