Project Sponsor: Engineers for a Sustainable World
TGIF Grant: $525
Additional Funds: $1205.29
Project Theme: Energy Conservation and Efficiency
Project Description: CalSoChill will provide a functional off-grid mobile solar charging station for students to charge their electronics outdoors, encouraging students to spend more time outside. Its prototype serves to represent CalSoChill in a smaller and more affordable scale, while still maintaining the main purpose of the project: providing electricity outlets outside by using solar power.
- Allow students to charge their electronics outdoors by using solar panels.
- Encourage students to spend more time outside.
- Provide a place where Cal students can relax and relieve stress through the utilization of the Prototype’s elevated solar panels, designed to capture solar energy and provide shading simultaneously
- Raise awareness of sustainable energy, especially renewable energy technology, on campus
- Hold outreach opportunities to local schools to raise the awareness of sustainable energy technology amongst a younger generation.