Sustainability Map Project
Project Leads: Brooks Dougherty, Brendan Cronshaw, Al Vera
Sponsor: Building Sustainability at Cal and Capital Projects
TGIF Grant: $3,000
Project Theme: Education & Behavior Change
Project Description: The Sustainability Map project will create in an interactive web-based campus sustainability map for UC Berkeley.
Goals: Gather information about UC Berkeley’s campus sustainability efforts and compile them into one user-friendly interactive map that will allow viewers to click on the features and see both the campus locations and feature description. Publish the map on a UC Berkeley web page that will allow viewers to turn on and off different “layers” of the map. Record internet traffic of the map.Continue to update the map as UC Berkeley expands its sustainability efforts.
- Intern Brendan Cronshaw acquired work space in Al Vestra’s office in order to streamline the collaborative working process and avoid having to pay for lab access in Wurster Hall.
- Worked with contracted company Vestra on simplifying map data, updating map features, and troubleshooting.
- Map went live.
- Worked with Building Sustainability @ Cal, TGIF, and the Office of Sustainability to promote and market the map to students.
- The Office of Sustainability and CACS put together a campus sustainability walking tour map. You can view it here.
- TGIF has put together its own TGIF Projects map using Google Maps. You can view the map here.
Capital Projects continues to develop, edit, refine, and market the map.